Monday, February 24, 2014

Parts of Poems I've Written; A directly connected yet separate art form


I’m from a place that etches you as an artist. Three dimensional, two dimensional. I don’t give a fuck, just give me something to do art with. I don’t need to make a living, I am living.




What you have done to me is like spreading ashes without ceremony


Your tears should be hot as you slide into the dawn of eternity 
You should be lying on this earth but my flesh has gone cold from a raping of my sanity
Instead humanity holds me as a product of aesthetic vanity 
Scraping my skin into concoctions for cold hearted flesh
While mining the abscesses 
To collect my puss as something worn through a cycle of destruction 
You see the ground with sorrow in its eyes as I pulse for my last breath 
I am your mother 
Choking on my own blood
And pleading life from the children who are killing me




I refuse to suffer from the mistakes of others
If we are all one 
Then their mistake is my own 
But my liberation can also be theirs
Instead of standing tall in anger
I will lay low as a mountain woven to this earth

Even with this realization
I find myself wrapped in the waves of my own tears
And ask myself if eyes can drown
Surely the answer is no
For none of us have moved from our bodies 
In the celebration of death
Instead we move hot salt as liquid 
From the depth of our fleshen feathers 
We seek peace in the chaos of this motion
Peace as a cry of comfort 
In the arms of our swollen souls 




Water weaves into the shape of a mouth and delicately forms into a texture of the perfect commitment to swallow the thread, to let it flow from us and leave us strung to the blanket of existence. Purpose blooms between our toes and wraps across our calves to grab onto our thighs and grow across our torsos, necks, and heads. This purpose is fed by rivers flowing to outline the contours of our cells; crashing into oceans as our eyes and building an oasis in our mouths where our purpose blooms from its thirst, quenched by the basis of our forms. Without water we are dragged from our selves with empty hands to dry in the dirt caked between the crevices of our palms. As this reenactment of bone on bone, we thirst for our bodies and drink from the wells of our cells until they have gone dry. Dust caked between our eyes is a symbol of misdistribution to the famished. Be it from the hands of a self or the hands of an earth, we are the potential to wither. But we are also the potential to bloom.






Wind streaks through our vision as the epitome of common sense
It is not common tendency 
But now it shakes our bones until they crumble from the soles of our feet
We are walking on the wind
We are walking on the swollen fragments of our bones
We are falling from our own skins and tying our bodies as flaps
To block us from the winds of our senses
We blow as folding flesh
With our spirits proudly watching our bodies act as our own shelters 





It all started with a drop
And our sound flickered as silence across a buried path of repetition 
Repetition repetition repetition


No comments:

Post a Comment